About Ernest V. Loewenstein, Ph.D., O.D.
Ernest V. Loewenstein, Ph.D., O.D.,
Specialist in Developmental and
Environmental Vision Problems
Dr. Loewenstein offers eye and vision examinations, eyewear and contact lenses to patients of all ages, from infants to seniors.
He welcomes patients to bring questions about their work environments, sports involvement and hobbies so he can customize his prescriptions and advice to their needs
In addition, Dr. Loewenstein sees patients of all ages with reading and learning difficulties, and patients with lazy eye or turned eyes. They can often be helped with Vision Therapy, sometimes described as "eye exercises."
Children with a diagnosis of LD or ADHD often have undiagnosed vision problems that exacerbate these conditions.
A popular speaker with kids and adults, Dr. Loewenstein makes the importance of learning about eye health approachable and fun.
A popular speaker with kids and adults, Dr. Loewenstein
makes the important business of learning about eye health approachable
- In active practice for over 30 years
- Presenter to work groups, performers, student and other organizations
- Teaching professor at New England College of Optometry
- Author of many research and practical articles: Contact lens guidelines, eyesight versus vision, eye health for the boomer
- Developer of workshops, including improving dance and theatrical performance through vision awareness
- Specialist in eye (and ergonomic) health for intensive computer users
Faculty Member, New England College of Optometry
- Associate Professor of Optometry at The New England College of Optometry - teaches courses in optics to first and second year students
- Expert in the properties of optical lenses and in the problems of glare and ultraviolet hazards to the eyes
- BA from Cornell University
- Ph.D. in physics from Johns Hopkins University
- O.D. from New England College of Optometry